Remove the product from the sealed package.
Sterilize the sample location by wiping it with sterilized cotton, and then allow it to dry.
Hold the external case, and press the tip of the white inner case firmly against the fingertip.
Take the blood sample from the incision.
Where to take the sample: We recommend that the sample be taken from the center of the fingertip.
When you hear a “click,” the tip of the needle will protrude for just a moment, and then return to the case.
*Caution: If you do not hear a click, then the incision may not be complete.
Cautions during use
Important basic cautions
1. When drawing blood from a finger, always wash your hands carefully with running water before making the incision.
2. If you draw blood from a finger immediately after touching a fruit or other food that contains sugar, the sugar left on the fingertip could mix with the blood, potentially giving a false blood sugar reading. [There are reports indicating that disinfection using only an alcohol swab is insufficient to remove sugar.]
3. Blood drawn from the fingertip of a patient with low peripheral blood flow, as in the cases below, may give false blood
4. When inserting the needle into a body part with thin tissue (e.g., the earlobe), do not use your finger to support the body part directly behind the insertion point.
[The needle could pass through the tissue, piercing the finger, and creating a risk of infection through blood contact. If there is a possibility of the needle passing through completely, please consider taking a sample from a different body part, with thicker tissue.]
5. When taking a blood sample from a newborn child or infant, please take a sample from the thick tissue at the side of the heel.
6. Guidance in taking blood samples should be provided by skilled medical staff.
7. Please use the product immediately after opening the sealed package.
8. Do not use the product if the package is damaged or stained, or if the product itself shows any sign of damage or other abnormality.
9. This product is a piercing device, so please store out of reach of children and animals.
10. Swallowing hazard: If the product is swallowed accidentally, consult a physician immediately.
11. If the incision is slow to heal, please consult a physician.
Storage method and effective period of use
1. Storage method
● Store at room temperature, avoiding dampness, direct sunlight, high temperature, high humidity, and any locations that could result in contamination by chemical substances.
2. Effective period of use
The product’s expiration date is indicated on the outside package (Self-certification, based on Lightnix data)
Shape, structure, and principles
1. Shape and structure
This product is a disposable blood sampling device used for blood tests and similar applications. By making a small incision in a fingertip or other body part, it allows a small amount of blood to be drawn easily. The product comprises a needle made from resin, with a case that contains an internal spring mechanism. The entire device is sterilized and sealed in an individual package.
The user removes the device from the sealed package, presses the tip of the white inner case firmly against the sampling location (usually the fingertip), and then pushes down on the external case. This causes a spring inside the case to quickly contract and expand, so that a needle, also contained in the case, is pushed forward to pierce the skin. After use, the tip of the needle is pulled back inside the case. The inner and outer case are then fixed in place so that the device cannot be reused.
Purpose, efficacy, and effects
This product is designed to make an incision to draw a small amount of blood from a fingertip or other body part, for use in blood tests. The product contains a needle to make the incision, as well as a spring mechanism, and so can be used quickly and easily, without the need for other devices.
Immediately after the incision is made, the needle is automatically pulled back inside of the case, so that the product can be disposed of safely and hygienically after use.
– Design of automatic lancet: The needle shall have a mechanism and structure such that the length from the base of the needle to the tip of the blade, and the effective dimension of the needle that is ejected from the protective container (the maximum dimension that enters the skin), is 4.5 mm or less. (JIS T 3257; 5.4)
Contraindications and prohibitions
Reuse is prohibited.